Sunday, October 18, 2009

Glowing jack-o-lanterns


I recently started doing this blog and posting things I've done in the past but, my BFF from ELM ST has been sharing some of the blogs that she follows, that she thinks I'll enjoy. She sent me the link to Not So Idle Hands because I had recently been going chalkboard paint crazy and making labels to put on glass jars and plastic containers. And this blog had done the same but with bookmarks and gift tags (very cute and very clever, I might add). While looking through her site, I came across some things in her "Freecycle Friday" section, and absolutely fell in love with her glowing jack-o-lanterns. Well, I had to make some myself and this is what we have. I didn't have a big variety in the size jars on hand, but I didn't want to wait to get more. The mummy didn't come out as I expected, though. I tried black tissue paper under the white, but then wrapped too much white over it in one area. Oh well. It was a learning experience. I want to make more. So a big thank you to Michelle for sharing and being the bestest friend in the world and Emily for having fabulous craft ideas! Happy Haunting!

2 comments:

  1. These turned out sooooo cute! Great job.....Your blog is cute too so far. Thanks for the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Codie! And a big thanks back atcha for being my bestest friend too!

    ReplyDelete