Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chalkboard paint



I bought this paint awhile ago. I planned to use it on plastic containers that I stored my kids toys in. I could then write on the containers. I was thinking of other things to use the paint for. One thing I love about my MIL's house is she has everything stored in glass and plastic containers. I decided to start doing that, too. IMO, when things are stored out in the open, they look better in glass and plastic containers. Even though you can clearly see what most of it is, I thought it'd look cute to have chalkboard paint and label everything. So this is my first attempt. Oh ya, I painted mini pumpkins, too. Thought it'd be fun to draw faces on them. I saw it in Parenting magazine, or something like that.
After going through the hassle of painting on glass, wiping up drips, taping an area off just to have all the paint come off with the tape, I finally had a better idea. I painted sticker labels, then cut the edges with scrapbook scissors. I think it looks a lot better, and so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment