Monday, November 9, 2009

Sushi Cupcakes


On one of the blogs I follow (Not So Idle Hands ), one of her other followers made cupcakes that looked like sushi (sorry, I don't remember whose it was, otherwise I'd link it). I checked into it, and found that even more people did this as well. So I took ideas from everyone and made my own sushi cupcakes. I actually did them for my friend's b-day-I needed an excuse to make and share them. ;)
I had to buy myself a mini muffin pan, so I better make sure to use it and get my full $4.50 worth. ;)
I made my minis and waited for them to cool completely, which didn't take long since they're so small.



I cut off the tops and wrapped the stems with fruit roll ups. This seems to be the common thing to use. Some people use fondant or use green baking cups. My kids just ate the tops as they were but I thought of something to do with them the next time. That will be another post, though. ;)
I kept the containers from sushi that we had. (For some reason, Blogspot rotated my pic during the upload, and I can't figure out how to rotate it back.)
I topped it with white sparling sugar (white jimmies were preferred but I couldn't find them in the stores) and cut up pieces of gummy worms (any gummy candy will do) for the middle. The "wasabi" was made from green tinted icing. It looked a lot more like real wasabi than what the pic shows. I don't think they turned out too bad for my first time making them. They were so yummy! My friend and her family loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment